Braintree District Museum Trust have planning permission for an exciting development scheme for Braintree Museum that seeks to develop the following:
- A multi-purpose exhibition, display, meeting and talks gallery with a mezzanine floor for the display of museum collections
- Flexible exhibition galleries including the Victorian Classroom
- An Education Zone for schools
- Refreshed, expanded catering facilities
- A John Ray inspired garden
- Relocated Entrance and Shop to the site opened north to south between Museum Walk and Manor Street.
Sheila Charrington, Chairman of the Museum Trust, said “the Trustees and staff are keen to improve the facilities and design of the Museum to enhance the existing programme of exhibitions, children’s and adult’s events, talks, walks and education. Fundraising will start in 2019 and services will be maintained as far as possible throughout the works. The current estimated cost is over £1 million”. The initial Museum scheme design has been funded by a Community Capital Grant of £8,000 from the Essex County Council Big Society Fund that aims to enhance community assets.
Further information will be added to this page when available. Please direct any enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org